Demos for common tools are included in separate pages:
- Electron - Embedded NodeJS + Chromium
- NW.js - Embedded Chromium + NodeJS
- Wails - Webview + Go Backend
- Tauri - Webview + Rust Backend
- NeutralinoJS - Webview + Lightweight Extensions
- React Native for Desktop - Native Components with React
Electron is the most established and widely-used framework. With deep support for NodeJS modules and consistent user interfaces, it is the recommended choice for new projects and for web developers.
Frameworks like Wails are compelling alternatives for teams with experience in other programming languages.
Frameworks like React Native generate applications that use native UI elements.